At Pleasant Valley Animal Hospital, we are known for serving our patients and clients with compassion, empathy and integrity. We are always looking for dedicated and enthusiastic individuals who are eager to help us continue providing the best care and service to our patients and clients.
If you believe your values match those of our practice and you would like to be part of an outstanding team, we would like to hear from you. For inquiries regarding employment at Pleasant Valley Animal Hospital, please contact:
Joining our Veterinary Nursing Team at Pleasant Valley Animal Hospital, you can enjoy a meaningful career in a fun but professional team-oriented atmosphere. We value the personal and professional growth of all staff members. If you can work in a fast-paced environment, strive to never stop learning, and have a fiery passion for vet medicine, Pleasant Valley Animal Hospital may be the place for you!
As an experienced veterinary nurse, you already know what it takes to be a successful veterinary professional. Our veterinary nurses are integral members of both our support staff and medical team. Some of the key skills that we are looking for with this opportunity include
- Vaccine and preventative care knowledge
- Knowledge of Fear Free practices helpful
- Positive, energetic and excellence in client services and patient care
- Ability to multitask in a higher pace atmosphere.
- Price and care in hospital cleanliness and appearance
- Medication dispensing and administering.
- Obtaining a complete patient history and maintaining treatment records
- Surgical experience (prep, monitoring, recovery, etc)
- Venipuncture and IV catheter placement
Your talent and skill as a veterinary nurse are certainly essential to your success in this role. We’ll love your expertise, passion, eagerness to grow and learn, and ability to work well with a team. In addition, there are also some other qualities that are important to us. These qualities include:
- Client education and communication skills that convey our recommendations to clients in an easily understandable and professional manner.
- Knowing that great results are only achieved and accomplished through teamwork and mutual respect.
- Maintaining a positive, supportive approach always
- Patience and kindness, compassion and understanding, especially in challenging situations.
- Responding to the pressure of a fast-paced environment with dignity and professionalism
The confidence to own tasks and responsibilities and deliver positive outcomes.
This is a full-time position for an experienced (at least 2 years) or licensed veterinary nurse. Reliability and flexibility are crucial; sharing opening, closing and Saturday shifts. We take employee wellbeing seriously and offer competitive compensation, medical benefits (including health, dental and vision), 401(k), training, a family friendly atmosphere and more.
Part-Time Kennel Pet Care Attendant
We reward our employees with a great hourly rate, career growth potential, vacation, training and more. This position has the potential to turn into a full-time role.
The position will require physical demands, animal care, and facility cleaning for our kennel and hospital environment. Experience is a plus, but we will train the right animal-loving candidate! Applicants must be at least 16 years old, have reliable transportation, and be dependable and team-oriented.
This role demands compassion, dedication, and responsibility to our boarding pets, including assisting families with arrival, departure, and ongoing pet updates. Responsibilities include:
- Detailed record keeping and maintaining basic animal care and safety
- Proactive monitoring of all boarding pets
- Report to supervisor and/or veterinary medical team while remaining an integral part of pet's care
- Walk dogs
- Clean dog runs/cages and cat cages
- Feed pets in the kennel
- Maintain the overall cleanliness of the kennel and hospital
- Flexible for both morning & afternoon shifts
- Holidays and weekends required
- Snow coverage during winter months required
Current Covid Considerations:
- Masks are optional
- High-touch surfaces are routinely sanitized by the team
- We require immediate notification to the supervisor with direct exposure or symptoms