At Pleasant Valley Animal Hospital, we are known for serving our patients and clients with compassion, empathy and integrity. We are always looking for dedicated and enthusiastic individuals who are eager to help us continue providing the best care and service to our patients and clients.
If you believe your values match those of our practice and you would like to be part of an outstanding team, we would like to hear from you. For inquiries regarding employment at Pleasant Valley Animal Hospital, please contact:
Part-Time Kennel Pet Care Attendant
We reward our employees with a great hourly rate, career growth potential, vacation, training and more. This position has the potential to turn into a full-time role.
The position will require physical demands, animal care, and facility cleaning for our kennel and hospital environment. Experience is a plus, but we will train the right animal-loving candidate! Applicants must be at least 16 years old, have reliable transportation, and be dependable and team-oriented.
This role demands compassion, dedication, and responsibility to our boarding pets, including assisting families with arrival, departure, and ongoing pet updates. Responsibilities include:
- Detailed record keeping and maintaining basic animal care and safety
- Proactive monitoring of all boarding pets
- Report to supervisor and/or veterinary medical team while remaining an integral part of pet's care
- Walk dogs
- Clean dog runs/cages and cat cages
- Feed pets in the kennel
- Maintain the overall cleanliness of the kennel and hospital
- Flexible for both morning & afternoon shifts
- Holidays and weekends required
- Snow coverage during winter months required
Current Covid Considerations:
- Masks are optional
- High-touch surfaces are routinely sanitized by the team
- We require immediate notification to the supervisor with direct exposure or symptoms